Calculating the metabolic rate are the calories that the body needs so that it can perform many of its functions, and we will show you how to calculate it in more than one way and also what you can actually increase the metabolic rate, and what is the benefit from it in addition to analyzing the metabolic rate and if you want to know all the details follow us in the next lines.
What is the metabolic rate calculator?
The metabolic rate is called the metabolic rate, which is the rate at which the body uses energy and is divided into two parts:
- The basal metabolic rate, known as the normal metabolism rate, is called the basal metabolic rate.
- The basal metabolic rate, more clearly, is the calories that the body produces on a daily basis.
- In order to carry out its basic functions.
- The other is the thermal effect of food.
- Expenditure of energy during physical and motor activity.
How to calculate basal metabolic rate
Metabolic rate can be calculated in the following ways:
The first method for calculating the basal metabolic rate in the body is:
BMR = body weight (kg) 24x.
The second method is as follows:
In this method, age, gender, and body dimensions are taken into consideration, such as weight and height, which are as follows:
- For women: 655.1 + (X 9.6 body weight kg) + X 1.8 cm tall – X 4.7 age.
- For men: 66.47+ (X 13.7 kg body weight + X 5 cm height – 6.8 X age.
How to increase basal metabolic rate
There are some ways in which the body’s metabolic rate can be increased, which are as follows:
- Increasing muscle mass in the body and this will result in an increase in the natural burning rate.
- Also, when resting and while not doing any physical activity, the rate of burning will be increased.
- Do some aerobic exercises.
- It works to raise the heart rate in addition to intense exercise.
- Drink plenty of water, because the body needs water to carry out the functions of the body and also burn fat.
- Eat a few meals between all the main meals, 3 to 4 hours, so that they are light.
- It helps in keeping the metabolism active and when calculating the metabolic rate it is good.
What is the benefit of basal metabolic rate
Calculating the metabolic rate helps to know the metabolism in the body, its daily need for energy, and with the presence of motor activity, we can control weight through it.
And when you want to maintain a stable weight, you must eat quantities of food that help provide the body with the same amount of energy it needs.
Also, when there is a desire to lose weight, foods that provide the body with a small amount of its daily need should be eaten.
In the case of wanting to gain weight, the amount of energy must be greater than the daily need for it.
And that is when you want to lose weight, increase, the quantity must be determined by a good nutritionist.
Burn rate analysis
The basic metabolic rate constitutes 70,60% of the energy expended by the body daily, and it is worth noting that it varies from person to person according to the following:
- Diet followed in addition to the number of calories consumed by the body and physical activity.
- Age: The basal metabolic rate decreases with age.
- Gender, as the metabolic rate is higher in men than women.
- body composition;
- Genetic factors.
- History of weight fluctuations.
- And 10% of the energy expended in the metabolic rate is due to the heat of the food.
- Where it is called in English: Thermal effect of food, which is the energy that is consumed in the process of digestion.