The Android status bar and notification menu is a perfect example of the magic and complexity of the Android system that facilitates you to access your device and all your work and communications. The status bar saves your time from wasting and your mind from wandering in search of a specific icon, Like the phone data icon or the bluetooth icon and many more. It also provided a list of notifications that summarize everything that comes to your mobile from the means of communication, Or even simple curtain updates that tell you a lot.
What is Android status bar?
One of the features on Android phones and it is at the top of the screen and displays the time, battery power, network bars, in addition to a lot of icons such as the icon of flight mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and many more.
A detailed explanation of some of the most important Android status bar icons :
- Flight mode: Although no direct relationship between aviation accidents and mobile phones has been proven, The flight mode feature has been launched for more safety during flights. Activating it stops the exchange of information and data using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular standards and may also include turning off the GPS with the ability to specify which services you want to work and which you want to stop. The flight mode icon has been placed in the Android status bar because of its importance in the following respects:
- Minimizing battery drain: Despite its benefits, The wireless communication units that connect the phone to the cellular communication network, and wifi network, GPS services, You are consuming the battery. Thus, flight mode preserves battery power for as long as possible.
- Short battery charging time: Because Airplane Mode turns off wireless, Bluetooth, and GPS options, which reduces battery power consumption in the background. Where all these services operate without direct user intervention, Which means that the battery charging process will not be very efficient due to the consumption that takes place in the background.
- Focus on work and free time to rest: Your phone will interrupt your studies or work, It causes distraction and loss of focus. It also disturbs your comfort and prevents you from relaxing, whether alone or with friends and family. So the Airplane mode feature puts an end to these disturbances to give you a chance to focus more.
- Bluetooth: Put the bluetooth shortcut in the Android status bar for its importance, It is a qualitative advantage in the field of networks for small spaces through fast and secure transmission. Bluetooth uses very low transmission power to save battery power, and the most important feature of Bluetooth is that it is wireless, inexpensive and automatic.
- detect location GPS : It is a wireless navigation system that uses radio waves between satellites and the receiver inside the user’s phone. To determine the location and time of any system. It helps users to know their geographical location with the ability to share this location. It determines the user’s location with an accuracy of about five meters and is freely available to everyone .
These are some of the Android status bar icons that the article cannot mention all of them despite their importance, Such as phone data, flashlight icon, lock screen icon, portrait orientation icon, power saving icon, etc.
Android notification bar
Notifications appear at the top of the screen by lowering the curtain to view these notifications. Some of these notifications can appear on your lock screen and home screen. Its importance lies in reviewing what comes to your phone from communication programs, update suggestions, notifications of various applications, and more. To make it easier for you to work on your mobile with minimal effort and time.
How to control the Android notification panel
- Clear notifications: The accumulation of notifications can look messy and unwanted. All you have to do is delete it by tapping on the notification and swiping right or left to remove it. to clear all notifications, You can tap Erase All at the bottom of the notifications list.
- Postpone notifications: By activating the delay setting, by choosing Settings باختيار< Apps and notifications> Notifications> Advanced Settings> Turn on Allow notifications to be snooped.
- Control the appearance of notifications on the lock screen: This is done by clicking on Settings> Apps and notifications> lock screen> Not displaying notifications.
We hope that we have given you a clearer picture of the Android status bar and notification menu to give you maximum benefit.
Also Read: Top 10 Keyboard Apps for Android Smartphones