Cameras on Android smartphones have always helped capture the most beautiful memories and moments, They are always in our pocket. Hence the storage of images was of great importance, So mobile companies raced to offer photo display apps supported by the best features, This prompted us to create a comparison of the Google Photos app and the gallery app on Android to help you adopt the best apps to save your photos and protect them from damage and loss.
Google Photos App
It is one of the Android applications that comes installed by default on most smartphones currently and is produced by Google, used by millions around the world whether on Google system or even iOS system for iPhone , where the app is a service for image management, It is also used for cloud storage of images, as well as doing a lot of great tasks.
Google Photos app features
- Edit photos, add great animations and even create mini-movies.
- Quick access to Google Photos everywhere and with any tool, whether mobile, desktop, or web.
- Available on Android and iOS and has a web version.
- The possibility of synchronizing Google Photos on all devices that use the same Google account, Any change you make on any file and on any device, It appears on other shared devices as the update occurs on all devices together.
- You can easily share photos and videos with Google Photo users without resorting to an external app.
- Share photos by adding them to the shared album among Google Image users.
- The possibility of sharing a shared album outside the Google Photos app with anyone with an album link.
- Share your entire library with a specific person while specifying the conditions for the files you want to share.
- Easy search feature on Google Photos, Because of the different ways you can use to identify images, Such as facial recognition, adding relevant tags and searching by writing natural and descriptive terms, this is done by machine learning and artificial intelligence together. It’s like you type a car word and find pictures of cars and get to know the people and places in these photos.
- The possibility of using Google Assistant to find photos.
The cons of google photo application
- Poor organization in Google Images due to lack of sorting, album covers and some other functions, This makes organization inappropriate to see albums or folders of other devices.
- Privacy concerns about uploading files to Google’s servers in case they are hacked.
Photo Gallery app on Android
Photo Gallery is an internet-free photo display app that you can use as a simple tool to edit, find and manage images without internet access. The photo gallery app also corresponds to SD cards on Android devices. Some phones have a dedicated gallery app that is pre-installed, Such as OnePlus Gallery apps, Samsung Gallery and others.
Features of the basic photo gallery app
- Give high security and privacy because files are saved only on your Android device.
- The craft of organizing images, Where it has sorting features and album covers to view images, The exhibition applications are designed to organize the display of device folders, This makes it the perfect interface for displaying and managing files.
- The ability to run a “simple gallery”, To view albums directly with the ability to customize the interface and organize files in several ways.
Cons of photo gallery apps
- The original gallery apps are for Android devices only and cannot be shared with other Android devices.
- These applications rarely provide the backup option.
- Some original gallery apps such as Mi and Samsung offer cloud backup with limited storage space.
Compare google photo app and gallery app
Here’s this comparison to help you choose the best app to save your photos:
Points that surpass the Google Images app on the gallery app in the following respects:
- Quick access to images on any device, Gallery photos can only be accessed through your Android phone.
- Save photos and protect them from loss in case of phone damage or loss, Photos cannot be retrieved if they are on the gallery app on the phone.
- Unlimited image backup, While this feature is not available in most exhibition applications, If available, it offers limited storage space.
- Sync feature that is not available in gallery applications.
- Share via shared album not available on Android gallery.
- Easy to search for files because of distinctive techniques such as facial recognition, Compared to what the exhibition application offers.
The gallery app outperforms Google Images in the following respects:
- Organize the display of images and folders making it a great interface for viewing and managing files with the possibility of customizing them on the gallery application, The Google Images app has poor folder regulation, making access to images more difficult and complex.
- Enjoy greater privacy and security on the gallery app because files are saved on your Android device only, Compared to Google images that upload files to Google servers.
The comparison of the Google Images app and the gallery application showed a clear superiority in applying Google Images to the gallery application in many respects. If the manufacturer develops the app in terms of organization and image quality, Google Images will become the first app unchallenged. Until this happens, you can take advantage of the features of both applications by enabling the backup and sync feature in Google Photos to share camera images and get the benefit of both applications.