Google Chrome is the most popular and used search engine in the world, Whether on personal computers or mobile phones, Chrome’s browser only came to this position after offering a variety of features and additions. One of these features is incognito, This feature allows Chrome users to browse websites without saving your browsing history, Website data and external cookies are kept while using incognito and then deleted as soon as you go out.
In some cases, more than one person may use the same device, and the device owner may want to cancel the incognito mode so that no one uses it. Whatever the reason, some users may not like hidden browsing and make sure they disable it, In this article, we will offer some ways for people who want to disable Google Chrome’s hidden browsing mode on various electronic devices.
Disable incognito mode on Windows
If you want to disable incognito mode on your PC, you’ll need to follow the following steps:
- Press the Windows + R keys using the keyboard to open the driver.
- Type “regedit” in the input field and then click OK, The recording editor window will appear in front of you.
- Open the computer folder from the top left of the screen and go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
- Choose the policy folder “policies” that should show you the Google folder, If it doesn’t exist, you’ll have to add it. Right-click policies, And select a new key, Then rename it to Google.
- Open the Google folder that must contain a folder called Chrome, Also if it doesn’t exist, You’ll have to add it. Right-click Google, And click new and then key from the list, Rename it Chrome.
- Right-click on the Chrome folder, And click on the new then 32-bit DWORD value, Change the input name to “IncognitoModeAvailability.”
- Double-click IncognitoModeAvailability will show you a dialog box, In the value box, enter number 1 and press OK.
- Close the recording editor and restart your computer so the changes take effect.
- After restarting, Open Chrome browser and you’ll find that incognito mode is no longer available.
If you want to re-enable incognito mode again, Just follow the same previous steps and change the value of IncognitoModeAvailability to 0.
Disable incognito mode on MacOS
Disabling the incognito browser mode on Mac systems needs to do simpler than Windows systems and to do so follow the following:
- Open the explorer on your Mac.
- Click Go and then choose utilities.
- From the list of available applications, Open terminal app.
- After opening terminal, type in the following order:
defaults write com.google.chrome IncognitoModeAvailability -integer 1
- Close terminal and restart your Mac, When you open Chrome browser, you’ll find that the option of incognito mode is no longer activated.
If you want to re-enable incognito mode again, Just follow the same previous steps and replace number 1 with 0 at the end of the command line.
Disable incognito mode on Android
Unlike computers, Incognito mode on Android devices cannot be disabled through device settings, You just have to use external apps that you can install on your phone to make incognito mode useless. We’ll mention one of the best in this article.
Incognito Away is one of the most important paid apps that disable incognito mode on Android devices, All you have to do is load it to start working right away.
Incognito Away features
- Although it’s a paid application, it’s very cheap, It’s $0.99.
- No need to connect to the Internet, Which means it’s free of ads, And keep your data only on your device.
- A small application that does not consume device resources.
- Supports many browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave Browser, Iron Browser, Ecosia, Start Internet Browser and Yu Browser, as well as Google Chrome DEV, BETA and Canary versions.
- The feature of recording user activity on the web such as downloads, videos, audio and music played in their web browser, You can create a copy of the downloads to return to later.
- Built-in app protection to prevent app deletion and manipulation.
- Easy to disable the app installation by entering your password.
- Scheduled monitoring that gives you the ability to block incognito over a given time.
In our article, we presented you with the most prominent ways to disable incognito mode after it became an urgent necessity for parents to protect their children from any harmful content, To keep them from pursuing any sites that do not suit their age, Parental censorship is essential in the vast world of the Internet.