One of the best virtues of technology on us is its ability to fold the earth and the distances between people, no matter how long the distances are, and its miraculousness by downloading sound and image through the ether to what is behind the oceans and between the continents. Voice and video calls, which is the most beautiful thing that modernity has produced and which has made everything far and close. Today, and in light of this technical momentum, we see a host of applications that provide this type of services, some of which outweigh their negatives over their advantages and vice versa for others. This is exactly what prompted us to review the Duo Video Calling program, one of the best of these programs, where we will highlight the next lines to talk about it and its advantages and disadvantages.
Google unveiled the first version of DUO on the 16th of August 2016, in the United States of America. And shortly after its release, it took the lead and floated on the surface of downloads. DUo is known as a group chat and video calling software that offers its services with a chorus of unique features. This Google Duo program works on phones running the Android operating system. It can be downloaded through the Google Play Store. In addition, it also supports devices that work in the climate of the iOS system, such as the iPhone, and users of these phones can download it from the app store.
One of the features most desired by users in this type of application is embodied in this program, which is the small size. Which helps to download, install and use it with ease without being a burden on the device. Also, without taking up space in the internal storage, which is small in some types of smartphones. And what helped the spread of this program significantly in various parts of the world is the identification of many languages. It is worth noting that the program has achieved great popularity and gained more popularity during the quarantine period and the commitment of people to their homes during the pandemic.
The main means of communication provided by the application is video calls with a maximum of 8 people, within the framework of a single call. This is with high sound and image quality, as the quantity does not affect the quality here. It is worth noting that the application uses another way to communicate in the event that video calls cannot be routed, and that is the voice call. It also allows you to send your friends molded videos with effects and this feature is rarely seen in other applications and programs.
The Duo program includes a lot of features, which if we do, along with its drawbacks, will be in their favour. It can be summarized as follows:
- The application supports both Android systems as well as iOS. And thus serve most, if not all, smartphone holders who seek this type of application.
- The app allows you to make video calls in 720p quality. This ensures that you make a high-quality and clear video call.
- Duo Video Calls application aims to provide and make video calls of very high quality, even for those with low speed internet.
- The Knock Knoc feature, which is rarely adopted by other applications, provides you with a preview of the person trying to contact you before answering them.
- Easy to use as it is uncomplicated and requires no experience
- It supports 77 languages, including Arabic, so here the language will not stand in the way of its use.
- It allows you to make video calls easily by calling those who own this application from your contact list. The DUO app links directly to your contacts.
- One of the things that the application has recently adopted is also the ability to leave a video or audio message to the person in case you are unable to answer the call.
- completely free
- Supports group video call for 8 people
- The size is small, so it will not take up much disk space.
- The user does not need to log into their Google account or set passwords and the like process is limited to linking it to your contacts.
- If you try to call someone from your contacts list and this person you are about to call does not have the Duo app, it senses that Duo and offers you to send a message to the person concerned stating that you have downloaded the app.
- It automatically switches between cellular network and wi-fi
Cons of Google Due
This application does not have many flaws, and they are on two points:
- It requires in order for the communication process to take place through a, it is owned by both parties
- The inability to reject calls and justify my refusal with a video or voice message.
How to use Duo video calling software
We will use the following lines to explain how to download and use the Duo application, and all you have to do is follow the steps below:
- The first step:
Download the program through the links that we will append the article to. It depends on your device’s operating system
- The second step:
When you open the program for the first time, the application will ask you to enter your phone number after the call code for your country
- The third step:
After you enter the phone number, the program will send a confirmation code in the form of an SMS message. The code contained in the message is entered into the box automatically or you work on it manually
- The fourth step:
The app asks you for permission to access the camera and microphone, and when you give it permission it is ready for use.
The main area of the application contains your contacts who can invite one of them to make a call. And if the person you are about to call is not in the contacts, enter his number. By default, the application prompts you to make a video call, but you can make a voice call only by pressing the phone icon. It is worth noting that you can access the account settings by clicking on the three dots located at the top left of the screen.
When the connection is made, the following options will appear:
- Bluetooth tag: through which you can operate a wireless headset with the mediation of Bluetooth technology to gain more privacy.
- Camera signal: through it, it controls and transfers the action from the front camera to the rear camera and vice versa.
- Mike sign: By clicking on this sign, you can mute or open the sound