You have just had your smartphone stolen? Have you been the victim of an email hack and are you worried about the security of your social network accounts? If you think your personal information (passwords, account) has been stolen, change your Facebook profile password and all your other accounts’ passwords immediately.
Change or reset your Facebook password
We can’t say it enough, password security is crucial. In a few years, the Internet has become the favorite playground of hackers and other computer criminals. The targets are numerous and the gains can reach astronomical sums.
Unfortunately, social networks and especially Facebook are no exception to this rule. Hackers redouble their inventiveness to steal personal information or take control of other profiles.
Obviously, having one’s Facebook account stolen is a traumatic experience that no one would like to live. Indeed, once the account is hacked, the hacker can pretend to be you, publish content on your profile and even send all sorts of messages to your loved ones.
For security reasons, it is better to use passwords that are difficult to guess and even to change them regularly. Below are several ways to change your profile credentials as well as a technique to make sure no one has hacked your Facebook account.
- Open the web browser on your computer
- Enter your email address and password
- Click on the downward pointing arrow in the upper right corner of your browser window
- Select the settings and privacy option
- Then press settings and then security and login
- Roll down the window
- Click on change password
- Press the change button
- You will be asked to enter your old password and then the new one twice
- Press the save changes button
You can also change the password of your Facebook account directly from your smartphone without going through your computer. Here is the procedure to follow.
- Launch the Facebook application.
- Press the menu button (2 parallel lines) at the top right.
- Select the settings and privacy option placed at the very bottom
- Press settings and then security and connection
- Press change password
- Type in the old password and then the new password twice.
- Don’t forget to click save
You don’t remember your current password
Sometimes you can’t remember your Facebook password. Unfortunately, without this precious key, it is impossible to change your secret code. If you are confronted with this type of situation, don’t worry, here is a solution for you.
- Launch your web browser
- Open the page find your account accessible at this address: https://www.facebook.com/login/identify
- Enter the email address or phone number you used when you signed up for Facebook
- Press the search button
All you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen. You will then receive an email allowing you to reset your password