A sudden internet outage is a nuisance that may happen to people during the day, It gets even worse if you’re already using internet connectivity to do some important work or hold meetings on social media sites, the most famous of which is Zoom. Therefore, you must work to fix and solve all the problems of internet outages from your phone so that you don’t miss anything or some of your important businesses are disrupted. And that many people have phones that run Android, Many of them face the problem of not being able to connect to the Internet on your Android phone. Therefore, through this article we will review ways to fix the internet in Android.
1. Reboot the phone
Before you do anything to solve that problem, You must restart your phone. This simple solution is often best suited to many of the problems we face with our smart devices. Just press and hold the power button until the power list appears and then click the restart option. Once the phone is restarted, Check if the problem has been resolved.
2. Stop flying mode in the phone
The problem of not connecting to the Internet may occur from the phone because the user does not activate the Wi-Fi network on his phone or forgets to activate the network, The user may also have activated the flight mode on the phone and did not cancel it again as activating the flight feature on the phone causes the disruption and suspension of all external communications of the phone, whether it is phone data, Wi-Fi connection or even signal, so the user must stop the flight mode.
3. Switch between Wi-Fi and cellular data
If you can’t access the Internet while connecting to Wi-Fi, Switch to the cellular network. And if you’re already using your mobile phone’s data, Try connecting to Wi-Fi. In that way, you will know who caused the outage. And to perform this switching procedure, Drag the quick access list down from the notification panel, turn mobile data on, turn off Wi-Fi or vice versa.
4. Change DHCP mode
DHCP automatically configures settings to allow your device to connect to wi-fi. If automatic configuration doesn’t work properly, You can fix them manually by following these steps:
- Go to your device settings.
- Now enter the wireless and network option.
- Click the Wi-Fi tab.
- Press and hold the name of the Wi-Fi network you’re connecting to until you see a pop-up list.
- Now click on the network adjustment option.
- Once you’ve selected to show the advanced option, You’ll find two tabs, One for proxy setup and the other for IP settings.
- Click on the IP Settings option and set it on static static.
- Now you’ll see the option to modify DNS settings. Enter “18.104.22.168” under DNS Column 1 and “22.214.171.124” under DNS 2 column.
- Once you do this, Save changes by pressing the Save button.
- Now try connecting to wi-fi and see if the internet connectivity problem on your phone has been resolved.
5. Update your phone’s operating system
Sometimes it may be the reason for the internet outage, Do not update the operating system on your phone. So you should constantly update your phone system version when available, Because with each new update, the company issues many corrections and bug fixes that exist to prevent such problems from occurring. So, We strongly recommend updating your phone’s operating system to the latest version.
6. Forget about wi-fi and reconnect with it
Sometimes you may not be able to connect to the Internet even if you are connected to Wi-Fi. The best thing you can do in this case is to forget about the particular Wi-Fi network (which means deleting network information such as a saved password). But make sure you have login credentials before forgetting wi-fi. Then re-enter it with your password and click on the connection option.
In doing so, we have reviewed through this article an error fix that could not connect to the Internet in Android.
Read also: The most prominent solutions to the problem of not synchronizing Google Drive on Android phones