The keyboard is not just a tool for typing, as choosing the right keyboard can sometimes save the user a lot of trouble, especially when you provide some useful additional features. In recent times, keyboard applications have proliferated. But few come close to the quality and versatility of Gboard. The Google Gboard keyboard stays smooth, integrates with other Google apps, and offers a range of languages and customizable display options. And the best options available to users that offer a lot of features that can make it easier for you to write and search.
But as an application, like all other applications, it is prone to crashes. Users sometimes face some problems in using it, the most prominent of which is the “Gboard keeps stopping” issue. If you are facing the same problem, Through this topic, we will help you to know the necessary measures to solve this problem.
Fix Gboard keeps stopping on Android
If the problem persists after these above-mentioned steps, All you have to do is follow one of the following steps:
1. Make Gboard your default keyboard
Conflicts with the system default keyboard may be one of the reasons for Gboard crashes. Here you have to choose Gboard as the default keyboard and turn off any interference.
To make this change, we must follow these steps:
1. Enter the settings menu, Then go to the section (Settings / Additional System).
2. Open Languages & Input and locate your current keyboard.
3. In this section, Select Gboard to make it the default keyboard.
2. Clear Gboard Cache and Data والبيانات
The most common fix for any technical issues on the phone is to clear its cache and stored data. Because it can create problems with the smooth performance of the application. Therefore, clearing both the cache and data can help solve the problem. To implement this solution, you must follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu and open the Applications section.
- In managing applications, Locate Gboard.
- open Gboard, You will find the Storage button.
- Open the Storage section to clear data and clear cache in the Gboard app.
After completing these steps, Restart your phone to check if you have fixed the issue of Gboard keeps stopping on Android.
Also Read: Top 10 Keyboard Apps for Android Smartphones
3. Uninstall Gboard and install again
By this method we will uninstall Gboard, In turn, this method will allow you to get rid of the older version and reinstall the updated application completely with the latest bug fixes. To uninstall, Go to Play Store Then find the app and click on the Uninstall button. Once you’re done, Reinstall the Gboard app again from the Play Store.
4. Uninstall updates
In many cases, some new updates cause the application to malfunction. You should uninstall the latest updates if you don’t want to uninstall the app itself. To uninstall updates, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings and open the Applications section.
- Locate and open Gboard.
- You will find the dropdown options on the upper right side.
- Click Uninstall updates from this.
5. Force stop Gboard
If one of the previous methods did not fix the problem of Gboard keeps stopping, then we must resort to the method of stopping the application. The method of forcibly stopping the application may be a solution to the problem of stopping for many applications that keep stopping despite closing them several times. Therefore, you can follow this method to fix Gboard keeps stopping on Android by performing the following steps:
- Go to the Settings menu and Apps section.
- Open Apps and search for Gboard.
- You will find the option to force stop.
6. Reboot the phone in safe mode
This method is rather complicated to solve this problem, Note that the way to perform this procedure varies on different phones.
You can follow the following steps to perform this procedure:
- Turn off your phone and turn it back on using the Power button.
- During the restart process, Long press both volume buttons simultaneously.
- Continue with this step until the phone turns on.
- Once the restart is complete, You will see the Safe Mode notification either at the bottom or at the top of the screen.
After performing a restart, You will be able to constantly fix the Gboard issue on Android. In this case, The application continues to stop, Then it malfunctions due to some other apps.
7. Factory reset
Which is the last method in today’s article to fix Gboard keeps stopping on Android, Before starting this method, you should pay close attention to the fact that the factory settings process erases all data from your phone. To implement this method, follow these steps:
- Go to your phone settings.
- 2. Click on the System tab.
- After that click on the Reset tab.
- Now tap on Reset phone option.
- wait a few minutes, It will start resetting the phone.
And with that we are finished showing the ways to fix Gboard keeps stopping on Android. If you encounter this problem, you should try these methods to solve it. Read also: How to keep your Android phone and its apps up to date