Snapchat is one of the most popular apps. While it works well on all devices including Android smartphones and tablets, Sometimes you will see the message “Sorry, Snapchat has stopped”, Or the app may freeze or crash. It can be solved easily. We are going to share some possible solutions to help you fix Snapchat problems on Android.
Ways to Fix Snapchat Problems on Android
Clear app cache
It is better to clear the Snapchat cache. It’s a simple thing. Just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Apps (on some Android devices, be the Application Manager or Application Manager).
- Search for Snapchat
- Click on the application and then on Clear Cache
- if you do, So start Snapchat and see if it works normally.
Clear app data
If clearing the cache did not help, You may be able to solve the problem. Removing the cache will delete all information the app stores. Do the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Apps (on some Android smartphones or tablets, This is the application manager or applications manager).
- Now find Snapchat and tap on it
- Click Clear Cache
Make sure Snapchat is up to date
You should make sure all your apps are up to date, Including Snapchat. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Google Play Store
- Tap three horizontal lines
- When opening the menu, Click “My Apps & Games”.
- Go through the apps and search for Snapchat
- Click Update
Delete the app and reinstall it
In most cases, One of the above solutions will solve the problem. If not, You have to delete the app and reinstall it.
To delete an app on your Android device, You can choose between two methods:
First method: Find the app icon on the home screen, Click and hold on it and drag the app to the “Uninstall” field
Second method: go to settings, Click Go to Applications (Application Manager, application management), search for Snapchat, Click on it and click on Uninstall.
If you are removing the application, open play store, And type Snapchat in the search box and download it again.
These solutions usually fix the problem. If not, Make sure to report the problem to the developer.