In many cases, you need to format the iPhone and remove all its data, and through this article, we will learn how to format the iPhone with a computer and without a computer so that you can remove all the data and solve the problems that you suffer from, and before we start with that, let’s know what you mean by formatting The iPhone and why you need it.
What is iPhone Formatting and the reasons why you need it?
Formatting a full iPhone is sometimes referred to as a factory reset and it works to bring the iPhone back as if it was new, by removing all the content and data on it, as well as the settings added by the user for example ringtones, alarms, wallpaper, etc.
Formatting the iPhone also permanently removes all devices associated with the iPhone from the Apple Watch, AirPods, and others. To help you return your iPhone as new and recommended if you want to sell your iPhone, you definitely don’t want other people to see your data and files from photos, videos, contacts, etc.
What should you do before formatting an iPhone?
As we mentioned above, resetting the iPhone removes all its data from applications, documents, photos, etc., so it is important before you do the iPhone format to take a backup of all the data. Either through iCloud or iTunes on the computer.
How to format an iPhone without a computer
It is worth noting that permanently formatting the iPhone without a computer removes all its data and restores the factory settings, so you must make sure to backup all the photos, videos and data on the iPhone, and in this article we will learn about three ways to format the iPhone, namely:
How to format an iPhone from inside the iPhone
- Click on the Settings icon on the phone screen.
- Tap on the General option and scroll down.
- Click on Reset option > then select Erase All Content and Settings on iPhone.
- After that, a window will appear warning you with the option to format the iPhone in red, you just have to click on it.
You will need to enter the Apple ID password to confirm the iPhone format, and then the iPhone data will be reset by removing the storage. Finally, you will see the settings window that you saw when using the phone for the first time. This is the easiest way to jailbreak iPhone and for those of you who need to remember your Apple ID password.
How to Format iPhone Without Password
This method is called iPhone Formatting through the external buttons or the hardset, and it is worth noting that it does not require entering a password or the like, and here is how to use it:
- On the iPhone, click the Power button and then click the Home button.
- You have to hold them until the screen turns black, sometimes you may have to hold down until the red slider appears to turn off the phone.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear.
- After that, you have to leave the phone until it restarts.
- Now, the iPhone will be formatted but you will find all your data without any change.
How to Format iPhone 6
In the event that you have an iPhone 6 and you are asking how to unlock the iPhone 6 while it is locked with a secret number without a computer? If you want to format it, here’s how to do it:
- Make sure the phone is well charged before you format iPhone 6.
- Turn on the iPhone.
- Don’t forget to backup your iPhone 6 data.
- Then turn on the phone and tap on Settings and then General.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.
- Select Remove All Content and Settings to Format iPhone 6.
- Then you have to wait for several minutes to be able to use the new iPhone.
As for the way to format the iPhone 6 while it is locked, it does not have any official method or data provided by Apple, and in this case you will need to use the computer to format the iPhone 6 while it is locked.
How to format iPhone 7
- Go to Settings on your iPhone 7.
- Scroll down and tap General.
- Click Reset.
- You will then see a set of options, click on Remove all content and settings.
- Click on Erase iPhone Data.
- Then enter your Apple ID.
- Then click on Clear.
After completing these steps, you will then see the Apple logo and status bar, and then the iPhone 7 will be completely formatted and its data will be restored to the original factory settings. It will restart to its initial screen.
iPhone 12 format method
- Turn on your iPhone 12, head to Settings.
- Click on the General option.
- Select on reset.
- In the next step, you will find a set of options that allow you to reset the iPhone network, keyboard, privacy, etc. You have to leave them all and click on the option to remove all content and settings.
- Click Erase Now and enter your Apple ID password, then a warning will appear that you will lose all data, confirm this.
How to Format iPhone 13
- Click on the Volume Up button quickly and then release your finger.
- Then click and release the Volume Down button as well.
- Press and hold the side power button until the Apple logo appears, and then release it.
After the slider appears, ignore it and hold the side power button, and for a second time, the Apple logo will appear, and the iPhone 13 will restart.
How to format iPhone with computer
All of the above-mentioned iPhone firmware methods focus on the iPhone through the phone, but if the volume up or power buttons do not work or there is a problem that hinders the iPhone from working, in this case you will have to format the iPhone while it is locked to the computer and here is how:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer through the cable.
- Run iTunes on the computer.
- After identifying the iPhone directly, click on the iPhone option.
- Within the options that appear, click on Restore iPhone.
- You will be asked to create a backup of your iPhone. If you want to backup all your data.
- Click on Restore. iTunes will then start formatting the iPhone on the computer.