Some prefer to use cloud services because of their easy access, Where with one click of the app or browser, You’ll be able to access the service and get your tasks done through it, It’s about sharing it with others. All this is done on the same platform with little effort, Google Docs is one of the best and most popular document editing services online.
In this article, we’ll explain how to adjust the powers of specific users to edit and edit documents, This is through your computer and smartphones.
What you should know about Google Docs permissions
Google Docs gives you the ability to adjust document editing as needed, Editorial powers vary as follows:
View View: The user can only view the document without modifying it or adding comments, They can’t even share the document. They are known as viewers.
Comment: The user can view the document and make comments, But it still cannot edit or share the document. They are known as Commenters.
Editing: The user can edit the entire document, As well as the characteristics of previous categories.
right Now, And now that you’re learning how permissions work, It’s time to give it to selected users.
How to grant and cancel a document editing permission on Google Docs through your computer
You can customize editing permission in two ways, Either by adjusting them to certain people or to the public. We’ll explain how this is done with the computer version or the web.
Granting and revoking the editing permission of a particular person
Open Google Docs and choose the document you want to share.
Press the Share share button, after which a pop-up will appear.
Type your name or email on Google. Also you can choose more than one person.
- Then you’ll see a drop-down list, Through it you can adjust the user’s powers whether it’s viewer , Commenter commenter, or editor editor.
- After adjusting permissions, Click send.
You can also confirm or cancel the Notify People notification box. You can also write a message with the file.
Granting and revoking public editing permission
The way you publish here is not much different, So the process will be easy.
Below you will find the Get Linksection, from there, click on the change word.
- You’ll find the document sharing link and the list of permissions drop down below.
- Click on it and choose the validity of using the document as viewer, Commenter commenter, or Editor editor.
- Press Done and then copy the link and share it with who you want.
- If the document is not shared with the public, Click on any user who has the Anyone With The Link and choose between them and exclusive Restricted.
In the sharing window you’ll also find additional options to find about pressing the gear mark that gives you the following options:
- Editors can change permissions and share items: if you choose someone as an editor, This person can change permissions for the public or for the selected people with whom the document has been shared or with whom that editor will share it.
- Show viewers and commentators download, print, and publish options: Everyone with access to the document can download or print it. You can disable it if you don’t want to share it with anyone.
How to grant and cancel a document editing permission on Google Docs through your phone
The way permissions are granted on your phone is not much different from your computer or web. This method also applies to iPhone and Android.
- Open Google Docs and choose the document you want.
You’ll find the share button in the top bar, Press it.
- Right this way You can choose the people you want to share the document with on how to type your name or email. Then click on the Editor editor word below the names and addresses of those people to adjust the document editing permission.
You can modify link Settings settings to adjust public permissions, By clicking on the icon you’ll find below next to your profile icon.
- Click on change change that you’ll find below.
- Right this way You can adjust the accessibility of the link through the first list, Choose either any user who has the link Anyone with The Link or exclusive Restricted.
- Set the document edit permission from the second list and choose between viewer viewer viewer, Commenter commenter, or Editor editor.
With this, You know how to share documents on Google Docs and grant edit permissions. This method helps you organize work if you meet with more than one person to work on one or more documents, You can also protect your intellectual rights through them. And most importantly, that you can apply it to the web or smartphones, Whether it’s iPhone or Android.
You can also read our article on how to control the profile settings of your Google account.