With Citra Emulator we can enjoy our favorite Nintendo 3DS games on mobile. A few years ago we had to have a console at home to play our favorite games, but today, with the power and performance that gives us our smartphones we can enjoy them anywhere.
In this sense, we have a large catalog of games in mobile application stores like App Store and Google Play Store, but, in addition, we also have the ability to emulate the most iconic games of consoles like the Nintendo 3DS or PlayStation 2. This time, we are going to explain, step by step, how to install an emulator for Android of one of the best-selling Nintendo consoles in history, the Nintendo 3DS.
There are a few options to enjoy a Nintendo 3DS emulator in our terminal, but the favorite of the vast majority of users who use such applications is Citra Emulator Next, we will explain what features should have our mobile to use Citra Emulator, how to download and install this application on your mobile and what games are compatible with this Nintendo 3DS emulator for Android.
What features should have in our terminal use Citra Emulator?
An important information that you should know before you dare to install Citra Emulator on your Android phone are the minimum requirements that this application requires to run.
The console emulators on Android: third generation Thus, the features that must have our smartphone to properly run this Nintendo 3DS emulator are as follows:
- Android 8 Oreo or higher.
- Support for OpenGL 3.2.
- Qualcomm processor Snapdragon 835 or higher.
How to download and install Citra Emulator for Android
The steps we must follow to download and install Citra Emulator on our Android smartphone are as follows:
- We download the application Citra Emulator from the Google Play Store.
- Once downloaded, We open the app in our terminal.
- We will jump a notice that we must accept, which tells us that this application does not include Nintendo 3DS games and we must have them downloaded on the mobile to play them
We will see a window in which we must click on Allow to give the application access to the files on our device.
- Select the folder of our mobile in which we have saved the ROMs of the Nintendo 3DS games.
- Click on the option that appears at the bottom of the app with the title Select this directory .
- Choose the game you want to play among all that we have in our list by pressing on it .
- We wait for the game to load and enjoy!.
What games are compatible with Citra Emulator for Android?
Like any video game emulator, the first thing we will need is to have the ROMS of the games we want to run and in the case of Citra Emulator we must take into account that this application is compatible with. CCI,. CXI,.3DS and.3DSX formats, but not with the. CIA format.
The catalog of games supported by this app is quite extensive and the percentage of Nintendo 3DS titles whose performance is perfect or almost perfect is quite high, specifically more than 50%. Anyway, if you are interested in knowing if a particular game of this console can be run on Citra Emulator you only have to access its complete list of compatible games.