How to restore from iCloud backup. If you lost your data from your iPhone for any reason, Whether due to a system malfunction, or you may have deleted your data by mistake, or perhaps a virus has infected your phone, or other reasons. Do not worry, it is a simple and frequent problem with iPhone users and is easy to deal with. And through today’s topic, we will show you how to restore the backup copy of your data on the iPhone from iCloud with ease and ease, If you have previously made a backup to iCloud.
First, let’s make sure we have a backup
Before starting the process of restoring the backup from iCloud, of course, you must first have a backup available to be restored, If there is no backup, all your data will be lost forever if something goes wrong. So you should always back up your data to iCloud. To make sure that you have a previous backup, you can follow these steps:
- Go to settings and click on your name.
- Then click on iCloud.
- Then click on the Storage option.
- Then tap Backups.
- And inside the backups, we must click on the iPhone entry to display the date and size of the backups if you are present.
How to backup through iCloud
It is preferable for iPhone users to make iCloud backups so that they do not run the risk of sudden data loss. To do this, the following steps can be followed:
- Connect your device to a WiFi network.
- go to settings, and click on your name at the top, Then click on iCloud.
- Click “iCloud backup”.
- Click “Back Up Now”.
- You must keep the phone connected to the Wi-Fi network until the process is complete.
Backup automatically using iCloud Backup
To allow iCloud to back up your device on a daily basis, Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure that “iCloud backup” is turned on in the settings.
- Click on your name.
- Click on the iCloud option.
- Check the “iCloud backup” option.
You should be careful to make sure that you have enough space in iCloud for the backup. When you sign in to iCloud, You get 5 GB of free storage space on it. And if you want more storage space on iCloud, You can buy more space on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or from icloud site directly.
Restore from iCloud backup
After making sure that you have an iCloud backup on your iPhone, Start the process of restoring the backup from iCloud. We must first perform a factory reset of the iPhone and erase all data and then restore the backup. This is done by following these steps:
- Enter the main settings.
- Click on General.
- Scroll down the list and tap Reset.
- Then tap on Clear all settings content.
- Confirm and tap Delete Now.
- Enter your passcode if prompted.
- The Apple logo and progress bar will appear next to the screen (you have to wait for the bar to complete).
- When the iPhone restarts, you must log in to iCloud on the iPhone using your ID (and here the phone system will return to its original state, ie to factory settings).
- Now go to the Apps and Data screen and click on Restore iCloud Backup. We select the backup file from the list. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process.
It is noted that the above-mentioned steps take only a few minutes, But before performing the backup process, you must make sure that the device is connected to a permanent power source and that the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. And leave it plugged in until you’re done downloading photos, messages, and all other backup files. The download speed depends on the internet speed of the device on which you want to restore copies. You may wait for hours if the Internet is somewhat weak or slow, or if the content to be retrieved from iCloud has a large area such as videos compared to messages or photos.
Thus, we have finished explaining the method of restoring the backup copy from iCloud to iPhone phones and all Apple devices.