Contacts are one of the important data for every iPhone user and it includes the numbers of friends, colleagues and family, so it will be important for you to transfer them to your new iPhone if you change the phone to a new iPhone. To solve this problem, in this article, we will learn about 5 ways that allow you to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone
Transfer contacts to iPhone through the Contact Transfer program
The easiest way that allows you to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone is through the use of the Contact Transfer program, without even having to sync contacts with iCloud or the like. It is definitely a great tool that lets you contacts from iPhone to iPhone very easily and quickly through the use of your computer. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you have to download and install Contact Transfer on your computer.
- Select on your iOS device and click Continue.
- Connect your iPhone using a USB cable to your computer.
- Once your iPhone is detected, click Continue.
- You have to browse contacts on your iPhone, select All contacts by selecting all or you can individual names by clicking on the checkbox next to it.
- Click Transfer to start copying the selected contacts from the source device to the destination device.
After you finish the process of transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone. With this method, you will be able to get the following features:
- Create new contacts and save them to your device.
- Edit your existing contacts from the comfort of your computer.
- Delete contacts, individually or collectively.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud
Through iCloud, you can transfer all your private contacts from one iPhone to another iPhone, in addition to all data and other information from settings, photos, videos, and others. It enables you to access all the data stored on your iPhone. In order to use this method, try the following steps:
- First, you need to have an old backup on your old iPhone or from which you want to transfer numbers to the other phone by going to Settings > Click on your Apple ID > Select on iCloud > Backup and then make sure that the backup feature is enabled And click on Backup Now.
- Second, you have to restore the backup on your iPhone by heading to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone > Set Up iPhone until you reach the Apps & Data screen and choose Restore from iCloud > Select the backup you just created.
Using this method removes the data device on the current iPhone and replaces it with the new data.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without icloud
This method is intended for those users who like to have complete control over their data. If you want to access your iPhone contacts from PC, without any online uploads or cloud activity, then TouchCopy is for you.
By using TouchCopy, you will be able to access all your iPhone data allowing you to browse all of your phone from your computer. After that, you can choose what you want to copy from your iPhone to your computer. Then you can transfer songs, contacts or messages from your iPhone to your computer.
- First you need to download TouchCopy on your computer and launch it.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the Contacts section of TouchCopy.
- Copy your contacts to Outlook / Contacts App / Mac Address Book.
- Open iTunes and connect your new iPhone.
- Click the device icon > Info > select Sync Contacts.
- Select Outlook, Windows Contacts, or Address Book.
- Click Apply to transfer.
Transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via Airdrop
Airdrop is a great option for transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone. When you use the same Wi-Fi network on both phones, just select the contacts and share them through Airdrop. The disadvantage of this method is that it allows you to transfer one file at a time.
If you need to transfer a large number of contacts, consider a different method. If you just need to do a few quick transfers, here’s how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using Airdrop:
- Turn on Airdrop on both iPhones.
- Open Control Center by swiping from the bottom of the screen, or from the top if your iPhone has Face ID.
- Click and hold the Wireless Control box to access more options.
- Tap on the Airdrop icon and select “Everyone.”
- Then, on the iPhone that contains your contacts, open the Contacts app.
- Select a contact you want to transfer, then tap Share Contact.
- Click on Airdrop, then click on the iPhone you want to transfer contacts to and each notification will appear Click on accept contacts file.
- Accepting the contact file will save the contact directly to the Contacts app on the target iPhone.
Share contacts from iPhone to iPhone via messages and email
You can also transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone through email or text messages. This method has the same drawback as the previous method where you can only share one file and this will be annoying if you transfer many contacts at the same time. By using it, the contacts will be sent as a vCard. Here’s how to use it:
- On the iPhone, open Contacts.
- Find and select the contacts you want to transfer from iPhone to iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap Share Contact.
- Choose email.
- Enter the email address you use on the other iPhone.
- After you receive the email, you must open it through the Mail program.
- Click on it to download the attached vCard file to the mail and then the contact will be opened on the phone and you are done transferring contacts from iPhone to iPhone and you have to do the same with other contacts.
These were 5 ways that allow you to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone, and each of them comes with its pros and cons, but you must be clear about the method you want to choose, but in the end we recommend the Airdrop method because it is easy and fast to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone.