Your Phone’s Windows 10 app is an application provided by Microsoft to connect Windows 10 to Android and iOS phones without the need for intermediate third-party software or manufacturers’ software. It works solely on online communication, The app allows users screen Mirroring for Android phones to share the screen, so you can sync notifications, messages, photos, call-making and other features between your phone and computer, To save your time and effort while working on your computer.
Your Phone app features on Windows10
- The ability to make and receive calls on your computer.
- Get notifications from phone apps with your Phone app on your computer.
- Access and response to text messages.
- Browse the last 2,000 images with your phone’s photo browser with drag features and drop photos from your phone through a computer window.
- The ability to send web pages from your phone to your computer, They can be opened immediately or saved in the maintenance center for later use.
- Play and control music through your Phone app for Android phone users.
- The phone screen can be broadcast on cast through the app, but this feature is only available to some phones.
- See your computer’s schedule on your phone.
- The ability to run Android apps on your computer.
How to use your Phone app on Windows 10
After connecting your mobile phone to your Windows 10 with your Phone app,you can start taking advantage of your Phone app features as follows:
View your phone screen from Your Phone app on Windows 10
After making sure your phone and computer are connected together after seeing the following notification, you can view the phone screen on your computer, which is experimental by following the following steps:
- Choose Phone screen from your Phone app on Windows 10 on your computer.
- Tap Display phone Screen to show your phone screen on your computer.
Read also: Top Three Apps to Measure Sound Intensity on Android Devices
View notifications from your Phone app on Windows 10
- Choose Notifications from your Phone app on your computer.
- Press the Refresh button to view any notifications running on your phone.
- All your future notifications will appear on your computer screen.
View messages from your Phone app on Windows 10
- With your Phone app on Windows 10, choose Messages from the left of the screen.
- Click on Refresh and all your messages will appear.
- You can easily send SMS or MMS messages from the New Message option, Knowing that it is a paid service.
View photos from your Phone app on Windows 10
- Choose Photos from the left of the screen.
- Click on Refresh to show all the images on the computer screen.
How to unlink your phone to your Phone app on Windows 10
Despite the great features offered by your Phone app, it has limited options as it currently supports only one phone connection, This sometimes requires unlinking your phone if you need to connect a new phone. Here’s how to unlink your phone to your Phone app:
- Go to Settings on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the Phone option to browse the phones associated with your account on Windows 10.
- Click on manage all devices linked with your Microsoft account.
- Once you’ve directed your internet browser, you’ll have to sign in to your Microsoft account, through which you sign in to Windows 10.
- All devices associated with your account, whether computers or smartphones, will appear with information about each device’s model, Just choose the phone device you want to unlink to the app and click on Show Details below the name of the device.
- Click on manage under the phone name and then click on the Unlink this Phone option.
- After the confirmation message, the link between the selected phone and your Phone app will be removed, so when you reopen the app, you’ll have to add a new phone to the app.
- It is best to remove your Phone Companion app from your phone so that a connection is not re-established between the phone and the app after the link is removed once both devices are in the same network.
Remove your Phone app from Windows 10
If you want to remove your Phone app from your Windows 10 computer, you won’t be able to remove it in the traditional way to remove software and applications, as Windows 10 doesn’t allow it. You should therefore resort to the PowerShell command router in the following way:
- Look for PowerShell in Windows 10 search.
- Right-click powerShell and click Run as administrator.
Copy and paste it into the PowerShell window
Get-AppxPackage *windowsphone* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Press Enter.
Your Phone is one of the unique apps that has turned your computer into an alternative to your mobile phone to save your time and not interrupt your business on your Windows 10 computer, Reduce everything you need to your computer screen.