All kinds of mobile phones Android or iPhone have become the first option to keep our personal information and data safely and easily accessible such as email and passwords of various accounts and credit cards. This is in addition to the various files that are considered private, such as pictures, messages, phone numbers, and others. All this made phones the first target for hacking and spyware, using various methods. Most phone users may not have the expertise to protect their devices. Therefore, we will provide the best protection from spying and hacking smartphones.
The most important tips to protect your phone from spying and hacking
Hacking is defined as the method used by the hacker to gain access to your phone and spy on you and steal all or part of your information and data. Therefore, here are some of the most important tips that will help you protect your phone from hacking if you follow them:
Locking your phone helps in preventing everyone from entering it. Indeed, putting a lock on the phone is one of the obvious procedures to protect privacy. However, a lot of users don’t unfortunately do that. Modern phones provide many ways to protect the phone and keep it away from hackers such as fingerprints, eye scan, password, pattern and the shape of the face.
Bluetooth is a very important communication feature for data transmission. It’s used frequently by everyone. But it is considered a weak hotspot and easy to access by other applications. So it is best to turn off Bluetooth after using it. or make it hidden if it is necessary to use it for a long time.
Open Wi-Fi networks
Avoid over connecting to Wi-Fi networks with no passwords that are often found in public places. The danger of this type of network comes from the possibility that it is just a fake network, and behind it, there is a device directed to steal your information, and spying on you.
System and app updates
Update your phone’s system and the apps installed on it every time a new update is available. The concept of updates is not just what some think to add aesthetics and improve overall performance. It is also aimed to correct errors and close vulnerabilities that may put you at risk of hacking.
Download apps from the store
Do not download and install applications from unreliable sources. Try to use the links on the official websites of the apps, in general, to get them, which usually direct you to the official app stores such as Play Store and App Store.
Additional notes and general truism points
- There are some points that you should pay attention to while using a smartphone or while browsing the Internet through it, as follows:
- Choose a strong password for your accounts, consisting of at least 16 characters, and with a wide variety of symbols, numbers, and upper and lowercase letters. This will make guessing your password nearly impossible.
- Do not unlock the operating systems set by the phone manufacturer, such as performing the Root operation on Android phones or Jail Breaking on the iPhone. If the protection is unlocked, the applications will be given full permissions on your phone and that could expose them to a lot of malware. That will lead to complete hacking.
- Be smart about the hidden ads that intend to hack your phone. For example, do not click on ads that say you won millions or any such ads. No one distributes money on the Internet for free. Rather, it is one of the fraudulent methods for installing dangerous applications.
- Before installing any application on your phone, always make sure of the permissions that it requests on the application page in the Google or Apple store. For example, if you are installing a calculator app, it will not need permission to use a microphone or camera!
- Log out of apps containing important data when you are finished using them. Especially those through which you access your bank account or any other important accounts.
- To add more protection to your phone, it is recommended that you install an effective antivirus and there are a lot of reliable programs like AVG free, Avast, and Bitdefender.