Share Sheet is the iPhone share sheet that pops up when you want to share anything on your iPhone. Like an image or an app, for example. It contains shortcuts to the apps, different actions, and contacts you use most often, whether via AirDrop or iMessage This means that the list of suggested contacts on the Share Sheet changes according to how often you use them. This is to make it easier to share content from one application to another without opening the second application.
Although this is a feature of iOS 13, However, it is a nuisance to those who are keen on privacy. Your contacts pop up suddenly when you want to send a file, It may put your privacy at risk when it shows your contacts on your screen, What may cause it to be seen by the people around you. So in our article, we present to you the ways to remove contacts from Share Sheet and stop suggestions from them in iOS 13.
Types of contacts that appear in Share Sheet
There are two types of contacts that appear on the Share Sheet are, One from iMessages and one from AirDrop.
It is an instant messaging service developed by Apple. It works exclusively on Apple platforms. Have the features of sending texts, photos, videos, documents, contact information, group messages, getting deliveries and reading, His contacts appear in the Share Sheet as a suggestion to exchange data while sending any file from your iPhone.
Remove contacts from Share Sheet coming from iMessages
In case you want to remove contacts from the Share Sheet coming from iMessages, You will have to delete your entire conversations from any iMessages contact, Which means all the text messages, photos, videos, and other attachments you’ve shared. Here’s how to remove one of your conversations in detail:
- Select the conversation you want to delete on iMessages.
- Swipe left and select Delete option.
- Choose any image and share it to show you the Share Sheet list by clicking on the share icon.
- You will see that the contact whose conversation you deleted is gone.
- You have to repeat the process to delete any other contact that you do not want to appear in the Share Sheet, This is because removing contacts from the Share Sheet is individual.
A feature from Apple that allows you to quickly and easily share files, photos, videos, contacts, and other files between Apple devices. And his contacts appear in the Share Sheet as a suggestion to send files from your iPhone to others.
Remove contacts From Share Sheet coming from AirDrop
In case you want to remove contacts from Share Sheet coming from AirDrop, Turn off the AirDrop option by turning on Control Center To have all AirDrop contacts disappear from the Share Sheet instantly, This is because contacts from AirDrop only appear if you are connected to AirDrop. Then check with Share anything to see if the contacts have been removed from the Share Sheet.
Customize options on Share Sheet
Although the steps to remove contacts from Share Sheet on iOS 13 are difficult and imperfect, Especially for iMessages, However, you can easily customize other options related to Share Sheet, as follows:
Reorder list Share Sheet On the iPhone:
- When the Share Sheet menu opens, swipe from left to right.
- Tap More apps or activities.
- Click the menu next to each activity or app.
- Move the app to the desired location and tap Done at the top right of the screen to confirm.
Hide a specific app or activity from a list Share Sheet on the iPhone
- Open an app on your iPhone.
- Click on the Share icon at the bottom of the app.
- Long press on the app icon to drag it to the desired location.
- When you open the Share Sheet list, Turn left to right.
- Click More from the apps or activities menu.
- Turn off the icon next to the option you want to hide sharing.
- Click Done at the top right of the menu to confirm.
After you follow the previous procedures, you will be able to remove contacts from the Share Sheet or customize the options and adjust their settings. We hope you enjoy the process of sharing files on your iPhone, And the Share Sheet feature should be free from any inconveniences.