As long as merging photos on the iPhone is a must, especially for photographers or those interested in visual content, and in this article we will learn about the two fastest ways that allow you to merge photos together on the iPhone.
How to combine photos on iPhone
Merging photos on the iPhone is an easy task that may not be complicated, and we will learn two ways that allow you to do so, the first is by using the Layout application, and the second is by using Shortcuts.
How to use Layout to combine photos
- First, you must download the application, by opening the App Store and then searching through the name of the application that is Layout, and then downloading and installing it. Or you can usethis link directly to download the application.
- Open the app and from the home screen tap on the photos you want to combine on your iPhone.
- Once you select the images, the application displays several templates or combinations to get an embedded image as per your liking.
- All you have to do is select the format that suits you best.
- After that, the selected images will open in full screen mode, and it is possible to use the tools below to modify the merged image.
- Layout will save the image in the Photos app.
- All you have to do is tap Done to close the edit mode.
How to merge photos on iPhone using Shortcuts app
If you are looking for a way to combine photos from within the studio, there is a way using Shortcuts, a free application developed by Apple that automates some tasks, including merging photos together on the iPhone, and here is how to use it.
- First, you need to download the application to your phone from here, or by heading to the App Store and searching for Shortcuts to show you the application, you only have to install it.
- Launch the app and from its homepage, click on Create Shortcut to add a new shortcut.
- In the next window, search for “Combine Images” and click on the option that appears.
- Now you need to configure the given action or task:
- In the Mode option, select Side-by-Side, because you want to put your photos side by side.
- Then choose Horizontal and Vertical, depending on how you want to combine your photos.
- Leave the Spacing field blank if you don’t want to leave space between the merged images.
- Find another action called “Save to Photo Album”. Click on the action when it appears in the search results. This action will save your merged photo in Gallery on iPhone.
- Click the option next to “Album” in the “Save to Photo Album” section to choose where to save your combined photos.
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper-right corner of the shortcut, then tap Name and enter a name for your shortcut. Use a name like “Combine Photos,” so you don’t lose the shortcut in the future.
- Enable toggle display in the sharing window so you can see this shortcut in the Photos app. Next, tap Done in the top-right corner, then tap Done again to save your shortcut.