The music streaming platform Spotify has just introduced a new feature called code. It makes it easier for users to share their favorite songs with family and friends. Here’s how it works.
What is a Spotify code?
Spotify is currently working on a number of different projects to improve the user experience on its platform. One of these new tools is the Spotify code, a feature directly inspired by the social network Snapchat.
As the name suggests, this feature is based on the concept of a barcode or QR code. It will automatically generate a unique code for each song, playlist, album or artist in the Spotify catalog.
This code, which is totally incomprehensible to a human being, will allow you to share music with your friends and family more easily. All your friends will have to do is scan the code with their smartphone or tablet, and the music will start playing instantly.
Where can you find a Spotify code?
Previously, to listen to the same music as one of your friends, you had to ask him or her to send you the link to the track in your email. It was a long and tedious process. With Spotify’s code feature, it’s done in seconds.
- Your friend needs to open the Spotify application on their phone and launch the song, playlist or view the artist’s profile that you want to retrieve
- They will then need to click on the menu button (3 dots) at the top right of the window
- The Spotify code for the song the Spotify code of the song, artist or playlist will automatically appear under the cover photo
If one of your friends is listening to a song you’re interested in, you don’t have to ask them to send you the link. All they have to do is pop up the track code and you scan it with your phone and the song magically launches on your mobile device.
How to use Spotify codes
Now that you know how to generate a Spotify code, let’s see how to scan it directly from a smartphone. This scanning operation is very simple to set up.
- Click on the Search tab in the Spotify application
- Then press the camera icon to the right of the search form
- A new window will open and automatically launch your smartphone’s camera function
- Then place the lens in front of the Spotify code you want to retrieve
- Wait a few seconds, until the application recognizes the code
You will then be automatically redirected to the page linked to the Spotify code. Obviously this solution only works if your friend is near you. If not, they can always send you a screenshot of the code by email or via one of the social messengers available on the net (WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, Facebook).
- Once the code is received on your smartphone, you just have to open the Spotify search page
- Click on the camera icon as explained before
- Press the link Select among the pictures found at the bottom of the window
- Select the picture containing the Spotify code
The music streaming application will then try to decode the picture. If you have any problems, feel free to leave a comment just below this article